For the majority of marketers who employ a fee-based method of compensation, the question of “what is fair to pay” is a common concern. Marketers also often struggle to achieve a time-efficient negotiation and tracking of their agency fees.
JLB+P has been addressing these questions since 1972, and we have deep and current benchmarks across most every type of agency service.
Our fee evaluation services include:
- Analysis and benchmarking of agency labor and/or commission rates: with recommendations on what is fair and reasonable to continue or adjust
- Assessment of agency overhead allocation
- Client-agency relationship “health check”, including assessment and benchmarking of agency account P&L
- Pro and con assessment of retainer vs. project fees
- Format and process for requesting and evaluating agency fee proposals and financials
- Fee negotiation management and counsel
- Structuring and managing ongoing agency time and fee tracking (“burn reports”)